Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Fri Aug 31 16:56:38 CDT 2018

> Allied Telesis made a "multi port tap" that provided four AUI ports off a
> single Ethernet tap. I don't know if it was a repeater/hub inside, or what.
> It was much smaller than a DELNI or DEREP.

Pretty sure I know the device you're talking about and I think it was
a hub internally. I liked it a lot better than the DELNI.

Come to think of it, I liked most of Allied Telesyn's stuff. I still have
a 10Mbit hub of theirs handling the low speed systems and the 10b2 segment
going to the HP 9000, and a whole mess of the transceivers which are
periodically useful on AUI-only systems.