8085 Dissasembly?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:12:46 CDT 2018

On 04/17/2018 11:07 AM, Brian L. Stuart via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, 4/17/18, Eric Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:29 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>> Disassembly is never lots of fun,
>> Some of us might disagree.
>> But then, some of us might be masochists.
> I was just thinking the same thing.  This whole discussion
> has taken me back to fond memories of writing a 68000
> disassembler in AWK (long story).

While I never had to write a disassembler I have written quite a bit of
assembler code and have done a number of disassemblies. (Still do
once in a while but most of what I do today is for fun.)  My first was
PDP-11 followed by Z-80\8080, M68K and M6809.  I have even done some
VAX.  I have worked with x86, not from scratch but maintenance. Of all
of them the last was the worst and I would never do it for fun.  Oh, I
forgot one. Sparc.

bill