LCM 8/e System Photo makes ZDNet

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:50:41 CDT 2018

    > From: Paul Birkel

    > the blinky-lights controller panel top-dead-center :->.

Yeah, that's a TC08.

I actually have one of those inlays, it's the only original inlay I have. It
was the model for the large run of blank inlays (black backing with the holes
on the back, but nothing on the front) I just had made. At the moment, it's
sitting in my indicator panel stand with little bits of tape stuck to it:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/QSIC/jpg/PanelMounting.jpg
  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/QSIC/jpg/DasBlinken2F.jpg

so it can be an inlay for the RKV12. If anyone needs a TC08 inlay, I'd be
happy to trade it for any other inlay (as long as I have one original for
engineering purposes).

Sigh, need to get back to the inlays and take the next step with them!

Dave B and I got derailed trying to find/fix a flaky on the QSIC - on my
prototype, it would occasionally get NXM's running the RK random exerciser I
wrote. I was trying to figure out what the problem was, and I got tired of
the prototype sticking out in my way:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/tmp/JNCQSIC.jpg

(with the FPGA daughter-board on top, even with short cables, it has to be on
an extender), so I rotated the QBUS chassis 90 degrees so the QSIC was on
top, and took the opportunity to re-order the boards. Bad mistake! Now the
problem has gone away and I can't re-create it!

	Noel