To be scrapped in as little as 2 months

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 15:58:55 CDT 2018

On 4/15/2018 10:26 AM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk wrote:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/eYVej7Sg7GSk9Mv72
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Alan Perry via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Do you know the size/models of the Alpha systems? I want to make sure they
>> will fit in my car.
>>
>> alan
>>
>>> On Apr 14, 2018, at 7:43 PM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk <
>> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> 3 x DEC Alphas, small deskside models

They look like Compaq DS20E's in desk side format.  At first I thought they were Alphaserver 800's which look similar, but the AS800 would DEC and too early for Compaq.  I wouldn't mind having one but I'm in Fort Worth, TX.  I'll be working in Seattle 4/25 - 5/2 but flying so I sure can't transport one.  Packing one securely would be a pain, but ground shipping would probably "only" run about $100 or so.