Tubbs fire consumed the collected archives of William Hewlett and David Packard

Kevin Parker trash80 at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 29 20:18:11 CDT 2017

Sorry wasn't aware of the operational aspects of bitsavers or how stuff finds it's a way in there (although I just had a good read of it all).

But having said that, it looks like this collection perished without finding its way to bitsavers so it’s not so much where its stored  - it’s the act of collecting the paper and scanning it in.

If I scan stuff can I add it or get it added to BitSavers  - I'm not sure because there's a notice on their web site (and I'm certainly not decrying their efforts - its highly valued resource intensive work):

"Due to the current several year backlog of documents to process, we are not actively soliciting additional paper or scans to add to the collection"

(Not sure if I can do anything but I might send them an offer of help.)

Kevin Parker