Tubbs fire consumed the collected archives of William Hewlett and David Packard

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Oct 29 16:43:46 CDT 2017

The Tubbs fire  consumed the collected archives of William Hewlett and
David Packard, the tech  pioneers who in 1938 formed an electronics company in a
Palo Alto garage with  $538 in cash.
More  than 100 boxes of the two men’s writings, correspondence, speeches
and other  items were contained in one of two modular buildings that burned to
the ground  at the Fountaingrove headquarters of Keysight Technologies.
Keysight, the  world’s largest electronics measurement company, traces its
roots to HP and  acquired the archives in 2014 when its business was split from
Agilent  Technologies — itself an HP spinoff.

http://bit.ly/2yd6Z2G
(My added note)   And.... this is  why I continue to stress  multiple
caches of  copies/scans of historical material... and sad... as in this  case
here is  someone that  could have footed the bill and not missed the  money to
do it.
Ed#  Archivist  for SMECC