looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

tom sparks tomasparks.ts at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 15:38:23 CDT 2017

On 30/10/17 04:14, Mike Stein wrote:

> [...]
30KB is a limiting factor me, as I dont know how many text files i want
to store

>   but like many similar units you transfer files in and out via built-in utilities and an RS232 cable or $10.00 bluetooth dongle to whatever file system is at the other end including Android and the other main OSs.
I dont want to bring another computing device with me to act as storage,
I want download all the data before I go and upload it when I return or
use a "dial-up" connection[^1]

> But as you mentioned, if you otherwise like the unit and can live with an 8x40 (albeit large and very legible) screen, there are various modern expansion options available, including CP/M emulation (under active development).
>
> What makes it still a popular unit are the character size and legibility, the excellent keyboard and the long 4xAA cell battery life; the otherwise identical T102 is a thinner and lighter version.
the final nail in the coffin for m100 is the size of my go bag ( 23 * 16
* 1.5cm)