Which Dec Emulation is the MOST useful and Versatile?

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:20:07 CDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM, Evan Koblentz via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Related to DEC emulation: is there a visual Straight-8 simulator? I'd like
> to practice working the front panel and such.

I don't think there is one.  The PDP 8i is the closest thing but there are
I think 26 switches at the bottom the 8i, I think only 18 at the bottom of
the straight 8.  They thus can't be the same exactly but it may be that the
straight 8 is the same as the 8i, if you use only switches that appear on
both systems (no step counter on the straight 8).  Dave G will know.