Fujitsu M2235S

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 20:14:58 CDT 2017

On 10/21/2017 01:31 PM, Phil Blundell via cctalk wrote:
> Anybody familiar with the internals of these disks?  I have one here
> which seems to have the positioner stuck at track zero.  I'm not sure
> whether it's likely to be just a bit sticky and in need of some
> assistance or whether there is some sort of latch involved, and I am a
> bit reluctant to just pull the lid off the chamber to find out.

There appears to be a photo of the internals here, if that helps at all:

http://museum.ipsj.or.jp/computer/device/magnetic_disk/images/0011_03_l.jpg

... it's a little small, so hard to tell what's going on for sure! I don't
see any obvious locking mechanism, though.

There's a Fujitsu M2333KS on ebay - item # 182218376023 - which appears to
be quite similar in layout. That one appears to have some form of
positioner / track 0 sensor accessible from outside the HDA if the logic
board is removed - is that true of the 2235 too?