Almost PDP 11/05 on Ebay

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:58:56 CST 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Josh Dersch via cctech <
cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM, william degnan via cctech <
> cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > This looks to me like the power supply and backplane of a PDP 11/05,
> looks
> > to be in nice shape.  Surprised no one grabbed this yet, esp someone with
> > an 11/05 that has issues with power supply.  Someone might have the
> missing
> > parts.
> >
> > "DEC PDP-11 Digital BA11-KE Mounting Box"
> >
> > https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-PDP-11-Digital-BA11-KE-
> > Mounting-Box/28265372079
>

> It looks to me like a standard Unibus expansion chassis (a BA11-KE, as the
> auction says) with a 9-slot DD11-D backplane and a pair of 4-slot
> backplanes (not sure what they are, they may also be DD11's, I'm not good
> at identifying them from the back ;)).  It could potentially be for an
> 11/05, but only if that 9-slot backplane isn't a DD11-D and is instead the
> special backplane for the 11/05 CPU set...
>
> - Josh

Agreed, but just from what I had worked with it looks like it was from an
11/05 or possibly it was an expansion core memory box.  Either way, you
could use it for many things not just an 11/05.   The "stock" 11/05 NC
would have had a different box.  It would have to have been for an 11/05 S
model.