ModComp II on Ebay

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Nov 14 00:13:57 CST 2017

On 11/13/2017 7:52 PM, Tony Aiuto via cctalk wrote:
> That's an incredibly bad set of pictures.
The system gave me the impression it was built up with transistors. Any
possibility of that?  I don't know the history of the Modcomps to
speculate, but that might put it out of the range of what Al's put up on
the Modcomps.  The ones I knew of dated to being TTL level gate chips,
rather than component, like the 8s or straight 8, and some logic in the 8I

Unless the guy thinks there is someone with a hardon for that Modcomp,
and there may well be, it is an incredibly bad listing for an asking
price of $18,000.  And by doing that, rather than a ridiculous reserve,
people who might buy will stay away, defeating the purpose of such a
listing to gather interested buyers, and take up with them around ebay.

the 8/I I bought was listed very high, but I eventually got the system
for a reasonable price, including having it delivered by the seller,
which is how such an exercise should work.

thanks
Jim