Kryoflux or Catweasle

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed May 24 13:19:47 CDT 2017

On 5/24/2017 12:30 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 05:31 PM, Andrew Harvey via cctalk wrote:
>> I don't think Indivudual Computers make the catweasle any more. They never
>> released a 64bit Windows driver for it.
>
> In point of advancing technology, one can purchase a STM32F4 development
> board with USB, UART, microSD, battery-backed RTC and oodles of timers
> and I/Os as well as a TFT interface for less than $12 shipped.  Almost
> all I/Os are 5V tolerant--and can be configured as open-drain if
> desired.  192KB of fast SRAM and a CPU running at about 168MHz.
> Perfectly capable of doing sampling of floppy output.
>
> Why would anyone want a Catweasel at this stage?  Technology has moved
> past that.
>
> --Chuck

But who wants to write the software?
I am building a 1977 ttl style computer because now I have spare time.
Finding vintage or similar devices is being a challenge as well fighting
modern OS to have even a C compiler and a TEXT editor.
Technology is not better, just cheaper.

I plan to use a low of LOW POWER 22V10's and undefined ALU logic
since I have several designs I want to play with. NOW is your last
chance to buy small quantities of things like 2901's and small TTL RAM's
and floppy disks.

Ben.