KDF 8189 processor board foobared (ebay warning)

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun May 21 17:11:00 CDT 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 6:08 AM, Paul Birkel via cctech
<cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>> Are there any reasonably priced boards with the processor and memory
>> of either the KDF or KDJ processors?
>
> KDJ11-D (M7554) aka PDP-11/53  "All you need to add is a hard drive controller."
>
> See: http://home.windstream.net/engdahl/kdj11.htm

Yeah, a DECserver 500 or 550 version of an M7554 is usually the least
expensive version to find. Here are some asking $175.00 or make an
offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-KDJ11-SB-M7554-PB-DECSERVER-500-18-MHZ-CPU/111708401901

I picked up a couple of the DECserver 550 version (1.5MB RAM instead
of 512KB) for closer to $50 each, but that was several years ago.

The 11/53 version without the S-handle bracket seem to be a bit less
common. I managed to also grab one of those on eBay a while ago, maybe
less than $100 at the time.