KDF 8189 processor board foobared (ebay warning)

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Sat May 20 21:08:53 CDT 2017

On 05/20/2017 05:56 PM, jim stephens wrote:

> On 5/20/2017 7:01 AM, allison via cctalk wrote:
>> Argh,  CPU chips used on dec board loose value as the complete board
>> carries the value.
>>
>> KDF with the second chip is useful but the logic needed to may a "CPU"
>> of the raw chips is not trivial.
> That was what I figured.  Hopefully the lister will put the two back
> together, but has not done so for now.  he did bring down the price
> per my suggestion he had messed up the value by pulling the chip.
>> Best chip for hacking and useful off a board (Falcon, KXT11, RQDX,
>> others) is the T11.  Its easily
>> useful like a 8085 or Z80.
> I've got two boards with T-11's very nice.  The T-11's listed right
> now were higher in cost than the KDJ processor I have, and I have a
> full page archived with the project to bring it up.  Just seemed like
> an interesting project for sometime.

The only boards with T11 I have are RQDX1/2/3.  However I have a few
T11s that were ES parts from
my days at DEC and when the group moved they were going to trash them.
Its an interesting part
as its unique in that the bus width and processor cycles are
configurable and that includes refresh
if needed for Dram (Z280 can do it but it was years later).    It was
intended to be implemented like
the z80 and 8085 for system applications that needed more.

A projects archive for T11, I have to see that.

Allison