KDF 8189 processor board foobared (ebay warning)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat May 20 08:12:15 CDT 2017

    > From: Jim Stephens

    > I just ran across a sale on epay by a guy who thought you could pull
    > the processor chip off the board and sell each in separate auctions.

There are a lot of idiotz out there.

I ran into one who'd removed a group of boards from (probably) an -11/40, and
then scrapped away the rest of the machine (including an RK11-D backplane).

I took _great_ pleasure in informing him that the stuff he'd scrapped had
been worth several times what the boards he had 'saved' had been worth.

	Noel