DCC-116 E / DATA GENERAL NOVA 2/10 / Nixdorf 620 - Restoring and restarting

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed May 17 23:32:26 CDT 2017

On 4/1/2017 6:47 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctech wrote:
> Typically not, since with no tape it should act like all the holes are punched, yes?
with no tape, the Data Products servo ran open loop.  You'd think what
you said was true, but IIRC, you didn't run them with no tape.

Later the 2230/60/90s had solid state and it wasn't a problem any more.
I don't know about this printer, but in the 80's a lot of the printers
worked similarly to the Data Products.

thanks
Jim