RE: RE: Extracting files off “unknown” 8 inch disks. Any thoughts…

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri May 5 14:55:42 CDT 2017

All the PDP-11 ones.  The directory listing would give a pretty good idea
which one it was.  I am prety sure VMS actually could, too.  And then
you have BSD and Ultrix on the VAX as well.  Lots of choices.

Believe it or not, I am pretty sure I can make a disk image from the floppies
using VTServer that would then work on something like SIMH.

Like I said, lots of choices.  And it could all be done for the cost of postage
I would imagine.  I'm retired, and bored, always looking for things to keep
me busy.  Doesn't look like its going to warm up enough this year to do
any work outside.  Snow showers predicted for this weekend.  :-(

bill