Stuffing boards with pulled QFP chips

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Fri Mar 31 06:32:08 CDT 2017

I'm down to the last few P112 boards for sale and am pondering another run
of them because demand is steady.  One of the biggest challenges for the
last run was getting the QFP-packaged 100-pin chips[1] in a state such
that the pick-and-place robot wouldn't throw a fit about slight
differences in lead position.  The stuffing house insisted that I send
them new chips.  Pulls, though they looked perfectly okay to me, were not
acceptable.  Does anyone here know anything about pick-and-place robots
using pulled 100-pin QFPs, particularly a stuffing house that can work
with such chips and not screw up?

[1] The now-obsolete super-io chips

--
David Griffith