Cross-talk square-wave?

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Wed Mar 29 22:16:48 CDT 2017

> The impedance of free space is supposed to be 277 Ohms
377 ohms but you are right about the max impedance. I forgot about that.

> Yes, you can.  The capacitance of typical cables is about 35 pF per foot.  Given a couple feet of cable and essentially infinite resistive load, it would be quite likely to give a near square-wave result.

Except for the fact that in the same cable, the edges of the square wave of the clock is creating short pulses on the CS line. Why would the CS line now behave totally differently if theoretically coupled to the QBUS line? In theory maybe you are correct, but in the practice of troubleshooting this specific issue, I would have to say it is unlikely that an adjacent square wave clock line would cause spikes and a similarly adjacent square wave QBUS signal would cause a square wave. They would both really be expected to have the same effect as long as the CS line hasn't changed change in characteristic.

My 2c
Eugene