PreOwned machine privacy - Was: Acclaim Entertainment Indy (with data, emails, etc) on eBay

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Mar 28 22:53:25 CDT 2017

On 03/28/2017 06:21 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> When I did media conversion for people, I ignored their content,
> other than monitoring for quality control. Same as when I used to do
> photographic color printing, and did some for other people. Anything
> else would be seriously unethical. THAT is simple professional
> ethics.

Just so--I still do a fair amount of conversion and a lot of it is very
personal stuff.   I may spot-check the output in places to make sure
that it's not garbage, but otherwise, it's strictly not for my eyes.

Back when I used to do forensic processing for various law enforcement
organizations, I was sometimes called upon to help reconstruct data.
The only time that I paid attention to one such process, it was the
journal of a sexual predator.  It made me ill to read it and I vowed
never to do that again--and I didn't.

--Chuck