Pair of Twiggys

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 09:09:02 CDT 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any significant amount of GPL code in either. Linux
> has a regrettable history of nicking BSD-licensed code and slapping
> the GPL on it, but not the other way round, AFAIK.

I think taking BSD code and releasing a copy under GPL is technically permitted, though silly because the original BSD release would still apply so the GPL virus doesn't stick.  Of course, if you modify the original and license those mods under GPL, that makes a difference, that limits access to the mods (but only the mods).

	paul