Any faithful VT100 Emulators?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:10:02 CDT 2017

From: cctalk [cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] on behalf of Warren Toomey via cctalk [cctalk at classiccmp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:02 PM
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Subject: Any faithful VT100 Emulators?

OK, so I don't have a real VT100, so I'm accessing an old 4.3BSD system
with xterm and LXTerminal terminal emulators on Linux. Last night, for a
laugh, I ran vttest from the 1980s and the terminal emulators performed
woefully.

Which raises the question, are there any _good_ VT100 terminal
emulators, especially for Linux? For any other platforms?

Cheers, Warren

I've never formally tested it but people say Putty is very good.  I have even
heard VMS users say it works with LSE.  ANd then, if you have MSDOS
laying around somewhere there is MSKermit which had to be the best I
ever saw.

bill