Photography, was Re: Pair of Twiggys

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Mar 14 17:59:54 CDT 2017

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 3:37 PM, Kyle Owen via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Mar 14, 2017 5:24 PM, "Fred Cisin via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>

> Ah, out of touch on that, as well!
> "But, you can do ANYTHING with Photoshop!"   Yeah.  right.
>
> Want a stabilization processor?
> Most of a ragged Beseler 45, plus a dichroic head that I never got around
> to rebuilding and mating?
> Movie film daylight developing tank?  (motorized back-and-forth reel to
> reel 16mm, 35mm, but not large diameter reels)
> Fujinon desktop holography camera?  (needs new laser tube)
> bellows for 35mm?   tilt and shift?   (I am keeping my
> Hama/Kenlock/Spiratone for now, but getting rid of the rest)
> Selling my Linhof and Tachihara soon.
>

> Just got through setting up a darkroom in my upstairs bathroom. Did some
> developing years ago, but it's nice getting back into it. Looking at doing
> some wet plate work next, but I haven't found a cheap source of ether yet.
>
> Kyle

These days, even when printing in the darkroom, photoshop may be involved.  Lots of folks are creating digital negatives.

I don’t know if you can even get paper for a stabilization processor, not to mention I doubt it would work for me.  My main enlarger (currently the only usable one) is a old Beseler 45.  I spent a day last summer getting it working better.

My latest score was two Jobo CPE2 processors in the last month.  Between the two, I only need one more tank (and technically I don’t need it).  I can now do daylight rotary processing of anything from 35mm to 11x14 (I can currently shoot up to 8x10).  So far I’ve only used it to process 8x10 sheet film.

One of my next projects needs to be to get a proper darkroom setup, so that I can heat it, or cool it.  That way I can work year around.  Ideally it would include room for things like drum scanners and LF printers, but that’s dreaming. :-)

Zane