I hate the new mail system

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 03:30:37 CDT 2017

On 9 March 2017 at 10:50, Christian Corti via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, Tor Arntsen wrote:
>>
>> I did an strace and I can confirm that the Linux 'whois' client that I
>> used from those various sites sends '-T dn' (or actually -T dn,ace)
>>
>>   write(3, "-T dn,ace uni-stuttgart.de\r\n", 28) = 28
[..]
> I did a little research on that:
> The '-T' option is passed to the whois server, it's not a client option.
[..]
I didn't say it was - the above output is the *strace* output (I could
as well have used tcpdump I suppose) to see what was passed to the
whois server, from the whois client, when used with those options
shown before (-h <whois server> domain)