Tektronix Terminal Emulation

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 10:29:46 CST 2017

I've tried many different things.

xterm does do the TEK emulation.  Inside of xterm I can connect to the
Vax with kermit.
seyon is part of Debian and claims to do what I want, but I haven't got
it to work yet.  Complaints about 'No profile with UUID or name Seyon
exists'.

Someone else said MS-DOS Kermit will do the emulation.  I'm warming up
to that, because there is another DOS program called Conex that runs
under DOS
and will do the emulation of 4014 plus 4105 (you get color!).

The laptop I am using is a DELL Precision M4300, has serial port for
this.  I have a floppy drive for it that replaces the DVD drive...
Maybe I'll try that...

Doug