Fluorescent lights (Was: Full immersion emulation)

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 13:04:29 CST 2017

we had   tubes  with LEDs in them... took old   florescent  tube out of
fixture.. twisted in the  thing  with the  LEDs in it  that hacked  wight into
the lighting  fixture and  done! Ed#

In a message dated 3/7/2017 10:23:36 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:

> From: Jon Elson

> I have converted our  kitchen to LEDs.

Yeah, I've already done ours, too. Our fixtures are  let into the ceiling,
so
just replacing them with LED ones wasn't an  option; I couldn't find ones
that
took the same opening. But I bought an  under-ceiling fluorescent-sized LED
fixture, made by a company called  Hampton Bay, to replace an under-ceiling
fixture in another room, and I  noticed it was just enough smaller than the
ones in the kitchen. So I  gutted the kitchen fixtures, took Hampton Bay
units, discarded the plastic  light-shields, and with a bit of trimming,
convinced the base plates (which  holds the power supply, LEDs, etc) to fit
into the existing  fixtures.

I'm now currently wanting to do my shop, and I'm looking for  something
which
is a bit less work - tubes that I simply plug in, or  something like that,
are
what I'm looking for!

Noel