I hate the new mail system

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 6 03:04:55 CST 2017

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> The whole "foo via cctalk" is *really* annoying...  What is wrong with
> a half default mailman setup?  There is no Reply-To header there, From
> is set to the person actually sending the message (as it should be).

Yes, that is most annoying. My complaint (and I guess many more from other
users will follow) is, that if you reply to a message on the list, the
author of that message gets a private mail, too, as he is listed in the
(BTW this reply to Alfed's mail is to one sent to me privately because of
that error).

> And all the bounce addresses are set to
> cctalk-bounces+foo=bar at classiccmp.org where foo=bar is the user
> sending the message.

No, the Envelope-From: only has "cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org", there's
no "+foo=bar" in it.
And yes, the change in the address fields don't cure the bounce problem
because the envelope from field is unchanged (and *that* field is used for
bounces, not the header fields *within* the mail).

Christian