Still Looking For AT&T 3B2 Internals Docs

Jerry Kemp other at oryx.us
Sun Mar 5 03:50:36 CST 2017

Hello Seth,

Fingers crossed that you already have what you need.

Given the possibility that you don't, my comment here is that your request for
internal documents are somewhat vague.  Can you be somewhat more specifics?

The reason specifically I'm asking, is I was reviewing an old Unix book/document
earlier, "Life with Unix" by Don Libes & Sandy Ressler.  The document makes a
lot of comments about both Berkeley/BSD and AT&T, and how AT&T was using Unix
internally all over the place.

It is of no direct value here, but the book is available to the public in pdf
format here in case you are interested:

<ftp://www.tuhs.org/UnixArchive/Documentation/Books/Life_with_Unix.pdf>

During my time in the military, I spent most of the early 1990's in the Pacific
theatre, and although at the time I was not wearing a Unix admin hat, I was
reminded by the book that I observed AT&T 3b2 systems in Japan on base that were
part of the telco system, and had no IT usage.

And to be more specific, I'm wondering out loud here if possibly, the
documentation you might need may not be directly accessible, but that
information might be available in a round about way, possibly thru the telco
side of things.

If nothing else, food for thought.

Wishing you luck,

Jerry