[cctalk-request at classiccmp.org: confirm 38290c8a992491eda604beff5a06ff20cd7e85f5]

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:13:51 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's COURYHOUSE[sic]'s fault. His email setup doesn't comply with best
> practices and so Gmail and other mail systems reject messages from him.
>
> Ask him to fix his email setup. I think it's because he is essentially
> spoofing the from address and using a different SMTP relay? I don't
> remember.
>
> If it keeps up I may just leave. The SNR on this list is trending
> negatively.

Not sure how you connect the dots to CoreyHouse being the cause of random
bounce issues although yes his is one of the ones whose emails get caught
in my spam folder and I never read them, but not the only one.  Personally
I'd fix that kind of thing, not to single ya out CoreyHouse, but don't you
want people to get your messages?  You can host the domain put up a PTR
record, set up the DNS correctly if you want to do it privately there are
many people here who can help.    I hardly get any bounce alerts.  Are
there people who get them daily? A GNU mailman list is going to be prone to
this kind of thing, it's not 1999 anymore.

Bill