ps2 memory - with weird square silver IBM Circuit packaged memory on the sti

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Sat Jan 28 19:00:54 CST 2017

At one time IBM was the largest manufacturer of memory and consumed *all* of
it internally (e.g. for IBM products).  At the time all of IBM’s ICs were in
the “aluminum” cans unless they needed more exotic cooling.

In the PS/2 days, we ended up using some IBM produced memory because we could
get a better internal transfer price than buying out in the market because the
various IBM fabs had a bit of excess capacity and wanted it used.

TTFN - Guy