Looking to read past EOT on DDS/DLT/LTO

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Jan 26 12:59:33 CST 2017

> I find that the tar CLI in its full glory is no less arcane than the
> creaky old cpio one.

Ah, but what is "the tar CLI"?  The POSIX one (which version?)?  The
GNU one (which version?)?  The V7 one?  The one you learnt 15 years ago
and have trouble remembering anything beyond even now? :-)

> tar used to be simple with few options.

True - and true of a lot more than just tar.  And, if you are ready to
give up all the functionality correspnoding to the new options
(whichever set of new options you mean), it probably wouldn't be that
hard to tweak an old tar source into building today.  _Also_ true of a
lot more than just tar....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org