11/34 with drives on ebay

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:46:50 CST 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 7:32 AM, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2017 7:10 AM, "E. Groenenberg" <ed at groenenberg.net> wrote:
>> Nice 11/34 with 4 RL02's and some misc other stuff.
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/192087506057

I've run quad-RL02 systems before - kinda handy.  Usually the 4th one
is available for transfers between machines and not in use 100% of the
time...

> Pricey but looks nice, this seller has sold a lot of DEC gear lately.
> 11/35, etc.
>
> My opinion..the 11/34 is an 11/40 without the aggrevation... and the lights.

Hmm... I've worked with a lot of 11/34 over the years but not 11/40.

> I have owned a few, a great UNIBUS system and I regret not spending more
> time on them when I had one...but for $5000, not that much regret.

The 11/34 is a great small-to-medium Unibus system.  In the full-sized
BA11-K, plenty of room for peripherals.  The only real limitation I
ever had was the 256K memory space (that's where the 11/24 comes in
handy - not faster but fatter).

It will be interesting to see if that price holds up to real-world demand.

-ethan