What is the most prized possession in your collection?

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:12:56 CST 2017

Johannes,

Woohoo! Beautiful hardware, nice pictures!

Marc

From: cctalk <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org> on behalf of Johannes Thelen <johannesthelen at hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 9:42 AM
To: "cctalk at classiccmp.org" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: What is the most prized possession in your collection?

Hard to say which one is most lovely, maybe I just list three most important for me. First is my full IBM 1800 system including 2311 drives, 1627 plotter, etc... http://ennenmikrotietokoneita.blogspot.fi/2015/08/1800-kesakuvia.html

I got CPU to run a year ago, other parts are under progress. Big and noisy beast, gotta love it.

Second would be weird decimal based thing, IBM 1620 Model I: http://ennenmikrotietokoneita.blogspot.fi/2016/06/ibm-1620-model-i-uusi-lelu-kokoelmaan.html

Pretty hard to get back to life, memory is corroded and Model B typewriter is missing. Maybe some day...

Third, Honeywell H316. Exactly I have two of these, both running.  The first one is mint conditioned tabletop version, another is rack version with HSA option.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114704705421528969208/albums/6114938694824762945/6295389986969789474?pid=6295389986969789474&oid=114704705421528969208

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114704705421528969208/albums/6114938694824762945/6143407067711382802?pid=6143407067711382802&oid=114704705421528969208

- Johannes Thelen

Finland