What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own? [Tek 4132]

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Jan 17 12:18:14 CST 2017

On 1/17/17 9:09 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> Does anyone collect Varian minis?

I had a few 620's, the most interesting was the 18-bit version.

No software to speak of for them. I even talked to the guy who ended up
supporting them down in LA when Sperry spit them out. The only thing he
had was a diagnostic tape.

Probably the most interesting Varian system I had was an integrated data
acquistion system they built with a fixed head disk and point plot display.
I'm hoping the person who bought it is able to save the software which in
theory is still in core an on the disk.

--

We have some software at CHM for the General Automation 18/30, which is a
little more interesting since it was very similar architecturally to the IBM

--

I recovered some software for the Computer Automation museum a while ago
http://www.computer-automation-museum.org/ca/

--

Primarily, it seems the activity has been centering around people working on
various simulators for minis in SIMH.