What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own? [Tek 4132]

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Jan 17 11:25:17 CST 2017

On 01/17/2017 11:09 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I find it curious that what seems to be collected in the minicomputer
> area seems to be gear of major brands.
>
> Does anyone collect Varian minis?
I had a Varian 620F a long time ago.  It was a whole bunch
of wire-wrap boards.  It sort of tried to work, but was very
flaky.  I was able to store some words into the core memory,
but it seemed like every couple minutes it would zero out a
word or two (I guess it was failing to write back the
contents after the destructive readout.)  Without
schematics, it was impossible to do much about it.

Jon