What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Mon Jan 16 18:20:07 CST 2017

On 01/10/2017 14:09, Andy Cloud wrote:

> I thought this would be an interesting question to ask around - What's the
> rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Rare and unusual? That disqualifies a lot of things that are neat, maybe
uncommon, but mainstream.

Wicat S-2000 server. Wicat developed a neat blend of UNIX and VMS for
their systems based on the M68k family.

One of the Omron LUNA 88k workstations used for Mach development at CMU.
One Omron label on back has "Prototype #" printed in the "S/N" field,
with "012" hand-written next to it. But another, more complete label
that identifies it as a "3W4SX-9100/DT8816N Multi Processor Work
Station" has "S047" as the serial number.

Three Nat Semi ICM-3216 board sets from the University of New Brunswick.
Two in large custom-built enclosures were used for timesharing, and one
in a PC-style case was used for systems programming projects. If any of
the disks could be coaxed, I'm not sure if I'd find SysV or GENIX.

One of CompuPro's 32016 S-100 cards. Have the standard CompuPro board
documentation, but no software.

Two Nat Semi ICEs for the 32016, and I think software for a VAX/VMS
host, somewhere.

--S.