What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Jan 16 18:16:52 CST 2017

On Jan 16, 2017, at 1:06 PM, Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com> wrote:

>>> If I can mention items that I have owned, the list becomes slightly
>>> longer: a PC532, Symbolics MacIvory II and a TI microExplorer.
>>
>> What happened to the MacIvory II and microExplorer?
>
> If we're considering MacIvories in this category, there's one sitting
> next to me (MacIvory III in a IIci host, 8MW RAM, Genera 8.3).

Why wouldn’t we? They’re actually really rare, and quite nice.

Some of us have been looking for a MacIvory — or a microExplorer — for a very long time. It requires quite a bit of luck to acquire one.

One thing I’m keenly interested in finding is a way to reload the TI Explorer and microExplorer software. I’ve used the Meroko emulator, but only with the image of a workstation at WSU running the Explorer 4.1 system. I’d like to load a fresh environment on it from the final Explorer system release, if I could acquire such a thing.

  -- Chris