What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jan 13 18:10:58 CST 2017

On 01/13/2017 05:14 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
> I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of your
> photoplotter, if you have a chance. Now with the idea of
> direct toner transfer with modern laser printers, I can
> see bringing a darkroom into it as being a bit of a hassle.
See http://pico-systems.com/photoplot.html

The picture shows the old version, but most of it is the
same.  The Beagle plus an interface board becomes an
identical drop-in replacement for the ISA bus DMA card that
used to run the thing.

I wrote a program for the Beagle's PRU processor to imitate
the DMA card's functions, and also unpack run-length encoded
data on the fly.

Jon