What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Fri Jan 13 12:05:46 CST 2017

On 2017-01-12 5:35 PM, Andy Cloud wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I know this is a bit of a personal question, so please feel free to ignore
> this email!
>
> If you're willing to answer it would also be interesting to know what drove
> you to spend as much as you did on that particular computer?
>
> For me, the most I've spent on a single computer is $2,000 for a Rev 0
> Apple II around 3 years ago, I spent that much because I had wanted an
> original Apple II for so long (not plus or E) and this one was so clean and
> perfect! I cannot think of a time when I will sell it!
>
> Can't wait to hear your answers :) :)
>
> _>Andy

AUD $25,000 for a Linotype L100 PostScript imagesetter (used).

Has a 68K computer inside it with Adobe ROMs. Communication via serial
or AppleTalk.

One of the first high resolution PostScript imagesetters. Put a lot of
feet of bromide paper through it.

The machine itself is actually available in Sydney NSW Australia for
anyone who would like to preserve it.

--Toby