What is the most amount of money you've spent on a computer or computer-related item?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:00:05 CST 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:51 PM, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am sure you did not mean to cause offence but I don't that if this is an
>> appropriate question to ask here.

If someone paid a large sum, especially recently, they might not care
to disclose the details.  In my case, if I tell you I bought a
VAX-11/725 in November, 1986, you can find, without too much digging,
how much Newman Computer and all the other resellers were getting for
them.  If I tell you I bought an Amiga 3000 when they launched, that
too is not a secret - and it's worth a whole lot less now.

I'm positive not everyone wants to reply for any variety of reasons.

-ethan