Stinky resistors was Re: Stinky screwdrivers

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Mon Jan 9 22:31:50 CST 2017

On January 9, 2017 9:30:57 PM CST, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 08:48:14PM -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
>> YIKES!  200 ml?  Nowadays, that would cause everybody from the EPA to
>> Homeland Security to get involved!
>
>I'm not sure the statute of limitations has run out on what my friend
>(we'll call him "Joe") and I got up to in high school chemistry.
>
>But in today's edition of Did You Know:
>
>  Did You Know that canisters labeled Hydrogen act differently than
>  canisters labeled Helium?
>
>mcl

oh ya...   and Did You Know that those little rubber bumps on the top of a 3/4" test tube stopper can inflate to about 4" diameter before they burst when they are used to try to stop the flow of natural gas from the spigot that supplies a Bunsen burner?

Did You Know you can evacuate 600 students in about 5 minutes due to "gas leak"?

These are the things you learn while having to _wait_ (and wait and wait) to use the Teletype 33 and dialup modem in the room next to the little chemistry lab.

cje
--
Chris Elmquist