GMAIL accounts suspended.

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:37:01 CST 2017

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9 January 2017 at 10:06, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Why does this keep on happening? What is google doing to cause this to
> > happen?
>

> Damned if I know, but it's happening to me frequently, too. >:-(
>
> --

My first thought is that gmail is huge, they load balance email servers and
they may bounce on a timing schedule that conflicts with the schedule used
by the mail server cctech uses.  I'd check the bounce/reply spool, which I
am sure Jay does, but that's the kind of thing to look at.  It's impossible
to please every server and how it handles the greylisting type stuff, and
dance the fine line to not look like spam.  Gmail is not forgiving of such
things, and thus the extra bounces to verify that the message is legit.  It
would almost be necessary to set up an SMTP smart spool to handle gmail if
you wanted zero bounces, not really worth it.  This is simply the case of
an older mailer program hitting up against the gmail Bournemouth, you have
to play by their rules.