Computing from 1976

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 09:58:41 CST 2017

One thing that is starting to hurt with larger use of memory is the ability to access and load such large blocks of memory.

I'm not saying that access speed haven't gone up but we are quickly reaching a wall, similar to the 4gig clock speed wall for the processors. Throwing more cache layers is of decreasing value. There are things that can be done but are not likely in the near future.

Dwight