RT-11 idle light pattern

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Dec 29 08:16:13 CST 2017

    > From: Paul Koning

    > Here's what it looked like

Not having RT11, I embedded this in a small stand-alone program (which took a
little work, Unix assembler being rather different :-), so I could see it (it
wasn't obvious from the code what it did).

Pretty clever, to get that complex a pattern out of so few instructions.
Although the self-modifying code is, err.... (If anyone wants the source or
.LDA, let me know, I can post/upload it.)

On the Unix machine we had at MIT, I 'stole' a light pattern I'd seen
somewhere else (not the code, just the visuals). The code is considerably
longer, but I didn't try to bit-push it, just wrote something very
straightforward to produce that pattern.

	Noel