Restoring a VT50 (VT52 actually) .

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 02:43:45 CST 2017

söndag 24 december 2017 skrev Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org
>:

> On 12/23/2017 07:24 PM, Chris Elmquist wrote:
>
> > I’m not sure you can smell the difference between failed selenium
> rectifiers and lutefisk...
>
> It probably doesn't get interesting until you toss in a can of
> surströmming...
>
> --Chuck

Unfortunately I am not having any lutfisk this year. The rest of the family
is not very fond of it. I like it with white sause, mustard and green peas.
In Sweden lutfisk is usually made from dried långa (ling?).

Never had the pleassure of having a selenium rectifier fail so I can't
compare. My personal view is that the smell of cooking lutfisk is not that
bad. The rest of the family disagree..

Surströmming is a whole different matter in terms of smell.  As far as I
understand this is a summer thing. Nothing you have for christmas. One need
some heat to make it ferment I guess. I have tested it once back when in
university, in the summertime on a small island in the archipelego. The guy
that oppened the can did so on the other end of the island. My remebrance
was that it was ok with onion and potato in a bread. But there were plenty
of alcohol involved so the memories are a bit fuzzy...

/Mattis