Kodak Diconix 150plus - looking for info

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Wed Dec 6 19:29:29 CST 2017

On 30/11/17 19:46, Philip Pemberton via cctalk wrote:
> It looks like the DIP switches are the same as the 150 - William Degnan
> posted a link to those.

Update -- the DIP switch settings are *not* the same as the 150. I
finally found the 150 Plus settings in an old Usenet post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/diconix$20150$2B$20dip$20switch/comp.sys.laptops/5o5yNBJzlDU/hynUFXHRvkIJ

Copied below for the benefit of anyone who finds one of these printers
and decides to get it working...

It does work rather well with 8.5x11 listing paper with perforation-skip
enabled! Very nice little thing to use with old DOS radio programming
tools (the sort which poke the printer port directly and bypass
print-to-file TSRs).

Power supply, as I said earlier, is 9VDC 1A centre-negative.

Emulation modes are (apparently) Epson FX-85 and IBM ProPrinter.
Graphics 192x192dpi, max print width is 7.1 inches.

The "expanded" graphics mode switch apparently sets the graphics
resolution -- "normal mode" increases resolution by about 25%, shrinking
images in the X axis. Might be useful if the 7.1in print width causes
print to clip against the edge.

Certainly a neat little machine.

--
Phil.