Bulk tape eraser

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Apr 30 21:10:08 CDT 2017

On 4/30/2017 6:22 PM, Jerome H. Fine via cctalk wrote:

>> Looking for recommendations for a bulk tape eraser for SDLT and DLT
>> IV tapes.
Eons ago at Microdata we had a commercial grade bulk eraser which could
do 2400' reels maybe a bit larger.

I wondered by one day with a new fangled device, a 16k eprom.  while a
small chat developed by the table where
the eraser was, I casually put the eprom on the eraser, and turned it
on, just because.

one of my otherwise smart colleagues looked with a concerned look on his
face and then queried whether that
would work with the eproms.

don't know that he ever lived that one down.

Wish I had it, I'd certainly pass it along.
thanks
jim