os8diskserver help?

Tom Moss tomjmoss at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 30 12:37:46 CDT 2017

Hi All,

I'm in the process of building and restoring a PDP-8/e, and now I've got a
second serial card I'd like to give OS/8 a try.
I'm pretty sure I've got the boot loader entered properly, and the address
+ baud rates set correctly on the PDP and PC.

When I start os8diskserver with "./os8disk -1 ../disks/diagpack2.rk05", it
gives the welcome message. When I start the 8/e, It says:
Booting...
Done sending block 0

^ and appears to freeze there. (the 8/e doesn't halt)
I've got a RS-232 tester (blinky light box) hooked up to the port, which
seems to indicate that nothing is being sent after Block 0 has been sent.

Does anyone know what's going on, or what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
-Tom