Where/who to donate Sun Ultra 10 in UK?

Pete Dodd pete.dodd24 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:52:31 CDT 2017

Dear All,

I'm looking for ideas for passing on an old Sun Ultra 10, which I adopted
when my old work was going to bin it. I installed Debian, but have the
original OS media. Unfortunately, 3 moves and 2 kids later my time to
tinker is non-existent, and my partner has made clear this needs to go
before another imminent house move. I notice from my last attempt to boot
that it now has the NVRAM battery problem, which a quick search tells me
may be fixable. Ideally, I would like to hand it over to someone with more
time/motivation (for free) rather than sending to the tip, but I'm stuck
for ideas. I did get in touch with wildfire systems, who said it isn't
economically viable for them even at zero cost. The Ebay market for these
things seems more US-centric and registering for an account and dealing
with postage is more effort than I would like (I live in Sheffield, UK).

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,
Pete