RTX-2000 processor PC/AT add-in card (any takers?)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Apr 10 20:24:24 CDT 2017

On 4/10/2017 5:45 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> I suspect that at some point, Intel had
> its big-system hopes pinned on the iA432 chipset.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_iAPX_432

A friend made his career at Biin, mostly coding mind numbing code from
specs, and a round of golf every morning.

The Siemens employees and Intel employees in the building were always in
a state of terror with politics, but
the Biin employees had Intel retirement and tenure accumulating, and
were free of any churn.

He retired early from Intel.

The wiki article mentions Merced, which I worked on doing an ICE product
(third party company).  Loved the
stepping of the first processor, 8765309.  The slot @ a fab appeared so
suddenly noone in the department
that prepped the package to make the first run had time to change it
out.  It appeared @ a demo at an
inopportune moment, to much amusement.  But I digress.

thanks
Jim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_iAPX_432